Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Car Rental Gone WRONG: Goodbye Enterprise. Hi, Avis.


I have a work function to attend and I need a car rental. Enterprise was calling me.


Enterprise. I always use them. I got my license pretty late ( not the normal 16 ), and I remember passing my road test and going straight to Enterprise. That was a great day.

Today!!!!! Not so much.

I made my reservation. Got there for pick. The crew was pleasant as usual.
The contract process began. The manager advised me they couldn't rent me the car because I had another car rental out. It was personal rental and this a corporate rental. But that didn't matter to them!!!!

I had to find another rental within half hour to take on my four lonely drive.

I asked why did their system allowed me to RSVP. Their system doesn't realize the conflict until they are actually processing the rental.

I was fortunate enough that my company has a concierge who did all the leg work to get me the new rental.

The new rental was with Avis. I have found a new love. Avis had gps. They had Easy Pass. I got a free upgrade from full size to an SUV ( granted all companies do this when they don't have the size vehicle you reserved).

I love the set up of the shop.

I was in and out within 10 minutes (enterprise normally takes about 30 minutes if there's no line ).

Enterprise is now out. Welcome Avis.