Thursday, November 29, 2012

My stay in DC : The courtyard

I was very excited about my DC trip in the beginning of November. First trip in a long long time without the little ones. Time to spend with my girls.

The plan was to leave early Friday and get there early enough to do some much needed shopping.


That plan was quickly out the window when I got on I-95. Ten minutes into the route, we hit traffic. In an hour we moved a memorable 1/10 of a mile. I read two magazine. Needless to say, we arrived extremely late and tired.

We get to the hotel, very cute. More than I expected. That was the end of the good news.

I was given a room on the 3rd floor. As soon as I got out the elevator, I felt like I was visiting the projects. There were tons of people in the hallway. Turns out, I was placed in a room adjacent to three rooms filled with teenage girls. They were having a slumber party. The mothers were also hanging out in the hallway.

I called the concierge. I was advised that the only available room was on the 11th floor, a disabled enable room. The clerk couldn't clearly articulate what was the difference between the regular room and this one. She kept mentioning the toilet was plastic. As far as I was concerned, they wouldn't be an issue.

The 11th floor room. There was no difference in the toilet sit. The vanity space was gone. That's the difference. Now I had no space to do my make up and hair. But, I was still happy about not dealing with the noise level.

The pillows sucked. The bed was not the most comfortable. But still nothing majorly wrong.

Until 6 a.m. ...... Remember why I switched rooms??? To be able to sleep and rest. Nope. Not here. My one break of not waking up to the kids internal alarm , I woke up the SUNLIGHT.

I was beyond pissed off. I travel frequently for work and had never seen this.

I got dressed and went to the front desk. The manager sent someone up, who stated that no curtains were missing. That only added to my aggravation. The manager went up to room and agreed that curtains were missing. She informed me that she didn't know if they could replace the curtain, and offered me another room. Another annoyance. I would have to repack. I declined.

I lost a night if rest and at no point was offered any sort of discount, upgrade, or anything.

Sunday, when I was packing to go home , found some bugs on my bed. Not bedbugs, but bugs never the less.


In addition, when I first arrived I asked about parking. Didn't actually use it and was charged for it.